Sunday, July 28, 2019

What makes a good paranormal investigator?

There are almost as many theories on this as there are groups out there investigating. It is all about the perception. By that I mean, it is what you perceive as a good investigator. Is it the type of equipment they use or the amount of equipment or what really?

For me, a good investigator has to have integrity. It is that simple.

If you have a team out there fabricating "evidence" or exaggerating their claims for notoriety, that isn't integrity. If they are bullying other teams and purposely trying to discount them or their findings, that is not integrity.

The integrity I am talking about is being honest with themselves and others. Be honest about what kind of group they are. What kind of an investigator they are. Are you out there trying to find real evidence to establish proof of the paranormal? Are you out there trying to get ratings on your social media site? Are you trying to validate the claims that there may be something in some ones home? Or are you the investigator that is out there trying to help those who are afraid to turn the lights off at night. The investigator that is going to look for all rational answers first before saying the house is haunted?

Do you have the integrity to say... we didn't find anything in here or to say we cant catch anything in your location?

For me, and this is my view only, a "good investigator" is in it for the "client". They are there to honestly help the home owner answer some rather disturbing questions. To help put at ease, the fears the home owner has and to be honest about them.

One of the first things I make clear is, " I do not have a magic vacuum cleaner that can suck the ghosts out of your house, I don't attempt to cleanse the house nor am I an exorcist"

I am simply there to see if I can find a rational and mechanical reason for their experiences. If I cant, then I look for paranormal answers. Theni try to help the owner understand what is occurring in the home and how to proceed.

A good paranormal investigator doesn't always get the ghost, but they definitely get the home owners trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment