Sunday, July 28, 2019

Why is there no real unity in the paranormal community?

I have been a paranormal investigator for over 15 years now. I have ran across some of the nicest people and some of the rudest people in the field. I am still confused as to why people in this community are NOT helping each other. I understand NO ONE wants to give up the details on a location and have it "taken" from them. But How can it be taken if it isn't yours to begins with??

I was extremely happy to be asked to help create an "alliance" for Texas paranormal teams. I am eagerly waiting to see how this pans out, not only for my team, but for all teams in Texas.

Sadly, I have seen everyone jockeying to be the next Ghost Adventures or Ghost Hunters tv show. If that's what you want.. more power to you and I wish you all the success. Do not go stepping on others or looking down upon them as if they are inferior because they are not on TV. I have turned down 2 offers. Not because the "money wasn't right" but because its not who I am or what I have envisioned for our group.

Our group has a philosophy, " you do not have to be alone!" By that statement, my intent is to help those who truly need the help. We are a FREE service!! I mean.. I'm doing this to honestly help folks understand what is going on in their homes. While their are other who do it to get more subscriptions on YouTube or Instagram or help launch what they feel is a TV career.

I do it to help the person understand what is happening in the location. and for FREE.

But like I said, there are those who would bash other teams and say they are not "REAL INVESTIGATORS" because they don't or do use (fill in the blank) item.

There is no real academy for this type of endeavor. There are no REAL EXPERTS. Just people who have more experience in investigating and more experience in the field of "ghost hunting".

Its truly sad when like minded people can not join together and resolve their differences for the betterment of such a small community. I guess it boils down to just one word.

COMPETITION.

That is the true adversary of paranormal investigations and ghost hunting groups, Everyone is too busy trying to be better than, or have better evidence or better gear.... How about having a better relationship with fellow investigators and teams. I would LOVE to create a coalition or some sort of alliance that agrees to collaborate with each other instead of competing with each other...

Hopefully that day is coming soon. Until then...

You don't have to be alone!

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have you and your team in my life! You are a breath of fresh air! I love your approach.

    ReplyDelete